Supercharge your Tableau reporting and visualizations.
Exasol powers your Tableau analytics through a high performance, scalable database engine and live connections to your data. With Exasol’s analytical and data processing capabilities you can move away from extracts and drive your business decisions based on insights and answers when and where you need them.
- Performance issues are impacting the way you use Tableau’s visual analytics software to analyze and visualize your data.
- Your data volumes are growing constantly and you want to see and understand ALL of your data to operate as a truly data-driven organization.
- You want to move away from data extracts because they produce too much of an administrative and performance overhead
- Your user base is growing and is putting a strain on your existing system
- You want your analysts to be unhindered in producing their best work and need your tools to ‘just work’ and blend into the background, putting data and insights center stage.
The Exasol Solution
- Setup a scalable, high-performance engine that gives you super fast access to ALL of your data and brings advanced analytical capabilities out of the box.
- We are regularly attending Tableau Conferences, coming by we can chat about your data and our solutions. Check our Events Calendar for upcoming events.
- If you want to work with and analyze the data yourself, access our public hosted datasets and connect to them in Tableau: Get access to the public datasets
- You want to put data into the hands of your people so they can analyze it, visualize it and share their findings. Using Exasol and Tableau together, you can.
- You will remove performance barriers, limitations on data volumes and enable your analysts to work with non-aggregated data to build predictive models at any level of complexity.
- Integrate multiple data sources, whether they contain structured or unstructured data and establish a single analytic layer for all your analysis needs.
- Real-time analysis and reporting will become a reality. Faster insights from more data will become the new normal.
Resources tailored to your interests
How to Analyze Big Data in Tableau
Tableau & Exasol – Better Together
Unleash the Power of Big Data
Data modelling with our analytics database
Football Analytics with Exasol & Tableau
Navigating massive datasets with Exasol & Tableau
Getting started with data science in Exasol
Replace your Tableau extracts with a live connection to Exasol
Controlling Space in Football
Tableau with Exasol: FAQ
How do I load data into Exasol
Simply consult the short how-to guide that we have put together for you. The guide shows you how easy it is to load data from any other database into Exasol. The Exasol database will create schemas and tables automatically as well as generate any IMPORT statements that you need. Run the script and in a matter of moments you’ll have the data in Exasol, then you can get on with the fun part: delve into your data and start to build cool vizes fast.
Can I try it out first?
Can I use Exasol virtually?
Of course! Just make sure that your IT team allocates the necessary amount of dedicated CPU power and RAM that you need. The fastest in-memory engine for Tableau (i.e. Exasol) is a lot more fun to use when you’re not driving with the handbrake on.
Our IT department already has a few extra servers - can't we just use them?
In principle, yes. Just as you wouldn’t want old hardware when running virtual machines, make sure that your IT doesn’t give you servers that are so old that you wouldn’t even run iTunes on them. We want you to really enjoy using Tableau together with Exasol on your data, and to that end you need to ensure the hardware that you use has enough power in it, too. Exasol is even priced so attractively that you can just get started right away. If you have any questions about how to install Exasol, get in touch with our experts and ask their opinion.
How do I connect Tableau to Exasol?
Exasol is natively supported as a live data source, simply look for “Exasol” (or “EXASolution” in previous versions of Tableau). Just look under Live Data Sources and then select it. There are a few screenshots that show you how to connect Exasol to Tableau here. You can find more information here.
When is Exasol the right choice?
If your database is just too slow when you want to analyze data interactively.
Tableau’s vision to let everyone analyze and visualize their data continues to revolutionize how people work and think. However, this new approach brings with it challenges for IT environments that are just not set up to enable this kind of interaction and the flexibility that users demand. At Exasol, we share Tableau’s approach and using both together, you now have access to an in-memory layer that can keep up with your speed-of-thought analytics. Now you can create cool visualizations without having to wait for the database or build new extracts.
If you need to use your operational system.
If your primary data source is an operational / transcational-based system (OLTP), you should separate out analytic workloads so that any interactive analytic jobs do not interfere with your production environment. This is generally regarded as a best practice. Using Exasol, now you can load data from as many source systems as you want and run the most complex of analytic jobs using Exasol’s in-memory layer and Tableau.
If you want to work with real-time data.
Exasol represents a live data source. No longer do you need to pre-aggregate data as our internal data structures are optimized for near real-time data integration when running analytic workloads. Our customers load new data into Exasol every single second, for example. Using Exasol, now you can always see every minute of the day what is working and happening in your business.
If your IT teams constantly need to tune your database.
At Exasol we believe that database tuning is firmly a thing of the past. Instead, we enable you to concentrate on processing and analyzing your data, importing new data sources and building cool Tableau vizes; the ExasolOL in-memory database takes care of the rest. Our query optimizer will take care of your data, and even in the most complex of queries, it will create the most optimum indicies automatically. The system then even maintains them when you load new data into tables. This will happen as long as when you’re using the indicies. Older indices that are no longer needed are then discarded automatically after a period of time.
If you constantly need to build new Tableau extracts, or if they become too large or too slow.
Using Exasol, you can access your data live and you don’t need to think about what kind of metrics or dimensions you want in your extracts. Do you need a new dimension from another table or another metric? No problem: just edit the data source in Tableau and add in the new table. If you’re joining to the new table for the first time, Exasol will automatically create all the necessary indices for you in the background.
If you want to benefit from scalable technology today.
Exasol brings a whole new level of scalability to your analytics. TPC-H benchmark results continue to show that with its scalable in-memory MPP architecture, Exasol delivers the fastest performance – even at 100TB, where the biggest table contained over 600 billion rows! More information about our architecture can be found in our technical whitepapers.
Do you need to speed up Tableau?
Contact us today to see how Exasol can supercharge your Tableau installation.