The key to optimizing the availability of stock
The online fashion retailer Zalando, who recently went public, now offers customers the chance to purchase more than 150.000 products from a wide range of brands in 15 European countries with ease – whether on a PC, tablet or smartphone – anywhere and at any time.
Zalando has implemented the analytic in-memory database Exasol as a fundamental part of the company’s data warehouse system in order to support the order process and to ensure that their customers benefit from optimal availability of products and apparel.
By implementing the in-memory database, Zalando can now benefit from a higher degree of flexibility. Exasol offers a clear performance advantage, too.Eric von Czapiewski, Head of Business Intelligence at Zalando SE
- Retail & E-Commerce
- Fraud detection
- Financial reporting
- Operational performance
- BI Tool
- IBM Unica
- SAP Business Objects
- ETL Tool
- LUA Scripts
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Pentaho Data Integration
An increase in orders and in the various fashion lines available means more and more data being generated more quickly.
In order to streamline transactions with customers, merchants and logistic companies, Zalando needs standardized processes and consistent data on products, inventories, orders, customers and deliveries.
Therefore, the analytic in-memory database from Exasol has been implemented as a fundamental part of the company’s data warehouse system in order to support the order process and to ensure that Zalando’s customers benefit from an optimal availability of products and apparel.
- Effectively managing the increase in data volumes
- Easy integration into existing infrastructures and applications/ low-maintenance
- Information on product availability has to be retrievable in real time
- Good price/performance ratio
- Exasol fits in to Zalando’s architecture and connects effortlessly to existing front-end BI tools
- Exasol could be integrated into Zalando’s data warehouse as an analytic layer for the long-run
- Short analysis run-times
- Freeing-up of resources in various departments, such as purchasing, auditing or logistics
- Designing the repeat order process as efficiently as possible along with simplifying the company’s CRM