Exasol and Grant Street Group, a partnership that delivers real results
Exasol is the warehouse database vendor of choice for Grant Street Group, a software firm that specializes in cloud-based government solutions for tax collection, e-payments, and auctions.
Working with Exasol has enabled Grant Street to achieve faster back-end reporting, supporting roughly 5,000 different daily reports. The 12-fold speed increase also means that large reports that once took hours to run are now executed with ease, within minutes and even seconds.
Download our case study to learn how Grant Street improved reporting response times by a factor of 12 using Exasol.
Exasol allows us to deliver accurate and robust reporting across all products almost immediately. That’s essential for clients to get the most out of our solutions.
- Government Software
- Internal and External Reporting
- BI Tool
- ETL Tool
- Apache NiFi
- Homegrown solution
- Grant Street’s government clients depend on real-time reporting to gather insights while utilizing its applications.
- Given the enormous volume of data Grant Street analyzes and the number of reports the company generates, engineers recognized several years ago that they’d need to find the best analytics database on the market to avoid eventually approaching a performance ceiling.
- They needed to replace the back-end solution with an alternative that was faster and could easily be integrated with its existing framework.
- The Data Analytics team within Grant Street connects Exasol to two of its core products.
- Exasol also serves as the back-end database for Grant Street’s data analytics and visualization tools – supporting both client-facing and internal analytics at Grant Street.
- Engineers can easily check the performance of Exasol’s database and it has exceeded their expectations.
- Exasol’s Community Edition, a one-node image of the Exasol In-Memory Database, impressed Grant Street engineers by working faster, even on a laptop, than previous solutions.
The benefits to Grant Street
- Adopting Exasol as its database warehouse has allowed Grant Street to continue delivering the highest-quality software and service to its government clients.
- Ease of integration with Grant Street’s existing in-house tool, which also uses standard SQL.
- Faster back-end reporting, supporting a number of different reports. The delivery speed of roughly 5,000 daily reports hitting the warehouse has improved 12-fold for Grant Street.
- Most impressively, the larger the report, the faster it’s now being delivered.
- Grant Street has about 4TB of data in its production cluster with around 8GB added daily – but now it only has an average 30-second lag behind the operational database.