Exasol Community Edition
The free single-node community edition for commercial and private/academic use.
Using intelligent and efficient in-memory processing, analyze billions of data records in just seconds to support your business.
The self-optimizing and tuning-free database gives you more time to focus on analytics and insights, not administration.
With support for R, Python, Java, Lua or your preferred programming language, build analytic applications to unearth key insights.
Answers to Your Questions
What is an Exasol Community Edition?
It is a free-to-use, one-node image of the Exasol In-Memory Database that can be installed on common virtualization solutions, including VMware, VirtualBox and KVM or on bare metal (ISO-Image). Using the Community Edition, you can discover and explore the features and benefits of the Exasol In-Memory Database on your local machine.
What happened to the Free Small Business Edition (FSBE)?
The FSBE without additional support contract has been superseded by the free Community Edition.
The FSBE with additional support contract has been superseded by the commercial Exasol One edition.
Users of the FSBE can stay with their current setup.
Which features are included in this edition?
It contains all available Exasol In-Memory Database features with the following limitations:
- Runs only in single virtual machines (no cluster)
- Can store up to 200 GB or raw data (please adjust the VM RAM setting to at least 10 to 20 percent of the amount of raw data to be managed by the system).
What are the System Requirements?
It runs on machines with at least:
- Intel/AMD x86-64 (aka x64) CPUs with SSSE3 instruction set (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3)
- In some cases you have to activate Intel VT/AMD-V in your BIOS settings
- 4 GB RAM; 8+ GB recommended
- 10 GB free disc space; 100+ GB recommended