Exasol Community Edition
Start your projects, test drive Exasol or develop solutions.
Fully featured and free of charge.
The free single-node solution for private, academic and productive use with community support.
- Supercharge departmental environments
- Act as a first analytical warehouse for SMB companies
- Build an initial proof-of-concept for in-database analytics
- Develop solutions for private, academic or productive use
- Basis for your Exacademy training
The Exasol Community Edition:
- Supports up to 200 GB of raw data
- Contains all features of the enterprise version
- Is available as VM image or can be installed as an ISO
- Can be upgraded to Exasol One with maintenance
Why use our Community Edition?
Using intelligent and efficient in-memory processing, analyze billions of data records in just seconds to support your business.
The self-optimizing and tuning-free database gives you more time to focus on analytics and insights, not administration.
With support for R, Python, Java, Lua or your preferred programming language, build analytic applications to unearth key insights.
Answers to Your Questions
What is the Exasol Community Edition?
It is a free-to-use, one-node image of the Exasol In-Memory Database that can be installed on common virtualization solutions, including VMware, VirtualBox and KVM or on bare metal (ISO-Image). Using the Community Edition, you can discover and explore the features and benefits of the Exasol In-Memory Database on your local machine.
Where can I learn how to use Exasol?
As part of our online-self learning platform, Exacademy, you can get more information about Exasol and how to run our database.
What alternatives are there to test or use Exasol?
If you prefer to use Exasol in the cloud, you can discover further alternatives on multiple marketplaces. Learn more here.
If a single-node instance is not enough for you, or if you would like to use Exasol on more than 200 GB of data, please request a proof-of-concept.
Which features are included in this edition?
It contains all available Exasol In-Memory Database features with the following limitations:
- Runs only in single virtual machines (no cluster)
- Can store up to 200 GB or raw data (please adjust the VM RAM setting to at least 10 to 20 percent of the amount of raw data to be managed by the system).
What are the System Requirements?
It runs on machines with at least:
- Intel/AMD x86-64 (aka x64) CPUs with SSSE3 instruction set (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3)
- In some cases you have to activate Intel VT/AMD-V in your BIOS settings
- 4 GB RAM; 8+ GB recommended
- 10 GB free disc space; 100+ GB recommended
Having trouble installing the Community Edition?
Take a look at our Quick Start Guide and get your Community Edition up and running in no time.