EXASOL is a highly-scalable, high performance analytic database designed for analytics at unprecedented speeds. The database is ACID-compliant and purpose-built for mission-critical applications that place high demands on performance and throughput.
Hadoop is the essential building block for big data analytics on semi-structured and unstructured data. It’s an open source platform that is highly scalable and very cost-efficient.
Why does it make sense to combine both worlds?
Simply put, you can turbo-charge your valuable Hadoop data by combining the high performance analytic database with your batch-oriented Hadoop data lake in order to make better business decisions faster.
Store your historical raw data in your Hadoop lake, and yet power your interactive business-critical applications with hot data in just seconds by using EXASOL. Additionally, you can still access all historical data stored in Hadoop – in an intelligent way – using EXASOL’s brand new data virtualization feature.
EXASOL turns Hadoop into an analytic repository.
As the EXASOL in-memory analytic database is orders of magnitudes faster than any Hadoop-based database system, it will help you to make better decisions faster than ever before. What’s more, you can take advantage of the analytical opportunities provided by the seamless integration of structured and unstructured data. Pull in data from social media, call centre activities or clickstreams and combine it with your data warehouse to create a valuable high performance analytic environment.
- Integrate Hadoop with EXASOL – this enables extremely fast linking of data warehouse with Hadoop data and native interlocking with SQL
- Feature-rich analytic performance layer for low latency, interactive ad hoc data exploration
- No manual administration, programming or tuning overhead – let the database do the work
- Maximum performance through MPP, in-memory computing and scalability
- Direct parallel transfer from and to Hadoop, with support for all HCatalog storage formats
- Data virtualization for Hadoop with intelligent query push-down
- New functions that boost compatibility, productivity, and manageability, guaranteeing a high-performance data transfer between Hadoop and EXASOL