Generated at Sun Jul 12 14:57:31 CEST 2020 using Jira 7.13.13#713013-sha1:4c0f5f5e3383570393fbbf3d2fd5de1eb4057c36.
The Community Version of EXASolution ("EXASolo") is a fully-featured single node version of EXASolution, delivered as a virtual machine image that can be downloaded from the EXASOL website.
- A machine with at least 4GB RAM and any 64-bit operating system
- Any virtual machine player capable of running a ".ova" virtual machine image
- The ".ova" virtual machine image, downloaded from the EXASOL website
- (optionally) the EXAplus GUI for working with EXASolution after installation
- (optionally) ODBC and JDBC drivers for connecting to your favourite third-party tool
- Check Virtual Machine network settings
- If you don't care what IP address the database is assigned, just make sure you have a "Host Only" network adaptor configured with the default settings
- Double click the download file
- This will open whichever VM player is the default for ".ova" files
- Click Import
- Click Agree
- Change the Boot Order
- This is to avoid the installation restarting the next time you run the virtual machine - unselect anything that is not "Hard Drive"
- Start the Virtual Machine
- Community Edition is now ready to use
There is a video available which walks through the installation using the VirtualBox player : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7C14Lfc_Y
|| Cluster Administration