Where to get Exasol on AWS?
Two different versions are available via the AWS marketplace:
We recommend reading the getting started guides before launching a database system.
Solutions and further technical information on this page are valid for both, the PAYG and the BYOL version.
Single node installation
If you just want to quickly start with a single-node database via AWS Marketplace or AWS Console please refer to refer to this guide
An Exasol cluster can be conveniently installed using our CloudFormation template:
Support & Troubleshooting
This offer includes assistance from the Exasol Community (Community Support) and access to the Exasol Solution Center.
For troubleshooting & and information on how to register for community support please refer to and to the solution documents listed below.
Recommendations for using Exasol on AWS
- Recommended instance families: m4, m5, r4, r5, c5
- Recommended storage: gp2 EBS storage
- Backup storage: S3
- Minimum size of main memory: 16 GB
- Instance-integrated hard drives (ephemeral storage) and EBS volumes are supported for data storage.
- In a production environment, we recommend using high-available EBS drives, as these provide maximum reliability and durability.
- For EBS type we recommend using at least General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes.For high IO requirements we recommend Provisioned IOPS SSD (io1).
- For data backup & restore ( as well as data import & export () Exasol supports cost-efficient S3 storage.
Exasol AMI: Determine AMI ID and activate AMI for manual launch
The AMI-ID can be found in the AWS Marketplace offering:
- Access https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4 (Pay-As-You-Go, community support only) or https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8 (Bring-Your-Own-License)
- Select "Continue"
- Select "Manual Launch"
- Select "Accept Software Terms" ( Otherwise you will not be able to succesfully launch the AMI)
- The AMI-ID can be found on the "Manual Launch" tab
- 5.0.x - It is not possible to upgrade a 5.0.x AWS installation to a 6.0.x. Please backup the data, install a new cluster, and import data in this case
- 6.0.1 - if you consider upgrading AWS 6.0.1 to any later version, you need to apply the patch attached to this issue while the nodes are still running. Just upload it through EXAOperation in the Software tab:
Further Documentation & Tools
For clients, drivers and the standard Exasol manual, please visit the Exasol User Portal
Please note that AWS specific information can be only found in this section and is not contained in the standard user manual.