EXAplus is our tool for executing SQL scripts through the commandline interface. It is implemented in Java and available for various operationg systems.
SQL Development Tools
For creating, editing and executing SQL code graphically, we can recommend several tools:
- DBVisualizer: Universal database tool that has been optimized to support specific Exasol features. Expert developers from both Exasol and DbVis Software are working jointly together.
- DataGrip: Commercial SQL Client with very good support for UDF developers. DataGrip is based on Jetbrain's powerful IDE platform.
- DBeaver: OpenSource SQL Client with comprehensive support for Exasol.
There are currently three important standardized interfaces for which Exasol provides the necessary driver software:
- ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity),
- JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity) and
- ADO.NET (Abstract Data Objects .NET).
In addition, there is the possibility to access Exasol with the help of the OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from Microsoft via an OLE DB interface (Object Linking and Embedding DataBase).
By integrating the drivers in your application, they are enabled to send SQL requests, present the results and load data into EXASolution. For larger bulk loads it is recommended to use the EXAloader.
In addition, EXASOL provides a client sdk (software development kit) in order to integrate EXASolution into your own applications.
Our drivers and SDK are publicly available here.
|content type||Summary||Affected Version/s|