On next Monday August 5th 2019 starting at 7am CEST we will conduct some maintenance. You might encounter some issues using the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker! We will restore the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker before 9am CEST on Monday August 5th 2019.
Table of Contents
Where to get Exasol on AWS?
Two different versions are available via the AWS marketplace:
- Simply pay for what you use
- Charged on an hourly basis
- Billed through the cloud Marketplace
- This offering includes community support
This is the default setting used in the deployment templates.
(Url to marketplace offering https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4)
- Select this option if you already have a valid Exasol license for the selected configuration or if you plan to purchase a license.
- The license file is required to operate this product
((Url to marketplace offering: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8)
We recommend reading the getting started guides before launching a database system.
If you are not sure which version to choose, the PAYG version is most probably the version you should use
Single node installation
Cluster Quick Launch
If you would like to start a preconfigured cluster as quickly as possible just press one of the buttons below to iniate a CloudFormation based deployment of a 5-node cluster (good for approx. 2 TB of raw data).
Just press "Next" to proceed to the configuration options, then define passwords for the administrative users, press 2 times next, acknowlege the checkbox at the bottom of the screen and start the setup via the create button.
Please note that the deployment may take approximately 15 minutes.
For more details on the parameters and how to change the configuration please refer to SOL-605 (please see above).
Support & Troubleshooting
This offer includes assistance from the Exasol Community (Community Support) and access to the Exasol Solution Center.
Recommendations for using Exasol on AWS
- Recommended instance families: m4, m5, r4, r5, c5
- Recommended storage: gp2 EBS storage
- Backup storage: S3
- Minimum size of main memory: 16 GB
- Instance-integrated hard drives (ephemeral storage) and EBS volumes are supported for data storage.
- In a production environment, we recommend using high-available EBS drives, as these provide maximum reliability and durability.
- For EBS type we recommend using at least General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes.For high IO requirements we recommend Provisioned IOPS SSD (io1).
- For data backup & restore ( - SOL-354Getting issue details... STATUS as well as data import & export ( - EXASOL-1678Getting issue details... STATUS ) Exasol supports cost-efficient S3 storage.
Exasol AMI: Determine AMI ID and activate AMI for manual launch
The AMI-ID can be found in the AWS Marketplace offering:
- Access https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4 (Pay-As-You-Go, community support only) or https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8 (Bring-Your-Own-License)
- Select "Continue"
- Select "Manual Launch"
- Select "Accept Software Terms" ( Otherwise you will not be able to succesfully launch the AMI)
- The AMI-ID can be found on the "Manual Launch" tab
- 5.0.x - It is not possible to upgrade a 5.0.x AWS installation to a 6.0.x. Please backup the data, install a new cluster, and import data in this case
- 6.0.1 - if you consider upgrading AWS 6.0.1 to any later version, you need to apply the patch attached to this issue while the nodes are still running. Just upload it through EXAOperation in the Software tab: - DOWNLOAD-564Getting issue details... STATUS
Further Documentation & Tools
For clients, drivers and the standard Exasol manual, please visit the Exasol User Portal
Please note that AWS specific information can be only found in this section and is not contained in the standard user manual.
|Key||content type||Summary||Affected Version/s|