On next Monday August 5th 2019 starting at 7am CEST we will conduct some maintenance. You might encounter some issues using the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker! We will restore the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker before 9am CEST on Monday August 5th 2019.
Where to get Exasol on AWS?
Two different versions are available via the AWS marketplace:
- Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG): The usage is billed via the marketplace on a hourly basis. This offerings contains community support (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4)
- Bring-Your-Own-License (BYOL): A separate contract and a corresponding license file are required to operate this product (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8)
Solutions and further technical information on this page are valid for both, the PAYG and the BYOL version.
Single node installation
Support & Troubleshooting
This offer includes assistance from the Exasol Community (Community Support) and access to the Exasol Solution Center.
Recommendations for using Exasol on AWS
- Recommended instance families: m4, m5, r4, r5, c5
- Recommended storage: gp2 EBS storage
- Backup storage: S3
- Minimum size of main memory: 16 GB
- Instance-integrated hard drives (ephemeral storage) and EBS volumes are supported for data storage.
- In a production environment, we recommend using high-available EBS drives, as these provide maximum reliability and durability.
- For EBS type we recommend using at least General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes.For high IO requirements we recommend Provisioned IOPS SSD (io1).
- For data backup & restore ( - SOL-354Getting issue details... STATUS as well as data import & export ( - EXASOL-1678Getting issue details... STATUS ) Exasol supports cost-efficient S3 storage.
Exasol AMI: Determine AMI ID and activate AMI for manual launch
The AMI-ID can be found in the AWS Marketplace offering:
- Access https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4 (Pay-As-You-Go, community support only) or https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8 (Bring-Your-Own-License)
- Select "Continue"
- Select "Manual Launch"
- Select "Accept Software Terms" ( Otherwise you will not be able to succesfully launch the AMI)
- The AMI-ID can be found on the "Manual Launch" tab
- 5.0.x - It is not possible to upgrade a 5.0.x AWS installation to a 6.0.x. Please backup the data, install a new cluster, and import data in this case
- 6.0.1 - if you consider upgrading AWS 6.0.1 to any later version, you need to apply the patch attached to this issue while the nodes are still running. Just upload it through EXAOperation in the Software tab: - DOWNLOAD-564Getting issue details... STATUS
Further Documentation & Tools
For clients, drivers and the standard Exasol manual, please visit the Exasol User Portal
Please note that AWS specific information can be only found in this section and is not contained in the standard user manual.
|Key||content type||Summary||Affected Version/s|