On next Monday August 5th 2019 starting at 7am CEST we will conduct some maintenance. You might encounter some issues using the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker! We will restore the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker before 9am CEST on Monday August 5th 2019.
Things to consider before you start the upgrade:
- Make sure you uninstall the 3rd Party EXAoperation plugins before you start the upgrade.
- You already have a remote backup. For more information about remote backup, see Create a Remote Archive Volume and Restore a Database Instance from a Backup.
- Check if the disk is encrypted.
- Check if the cluster uses tagged private VLANs. You can download the nodes.xml file from EXAoperation to view this information.
- Check the network configuration of the License server using a maintenance user account.
When upgrading from 5.0.x to the latest version of Exasol, it is recommended that you first upgrade to Exasol 6.0 version. You can follow the below procedures to upgrade from an older version of Exasol to the latest version.
- Upgrade Exasol 5.0.x to Exasol 6.0: For instructions on how to upgrade from Exasol 5.0.x to Exasol 6.0, see How to upgrade from version 5 to version 6.
- Upgrade Exasol 6.0.x to Exasol 6.1: For instructions on how to upgrade from Exasol 6.0.x to Exasol 6.1, see Upgrade from Exasol 6.0.x to Exasol 6.1.
Before you begin with the upgrade process, ensure you have a back up of the database outside the cluster. This is a precautionary measure so that you can restore from the backup if the upgrade is unsuccessful.
Do one of the followings if the upgrade is unsuccessful:
- Restore the system by following the instructions mentioned in Restore a Database Instance from a Backup.
- Contact Exasol support to resolve the issue.