On next Monday August 5th 2019 starting at 7am CEST we will conduct some maintenance. You might encounter some issues using the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker! We will restore the Exasol User Portal and Issue Tracker before 9am CEST on Monday August 5th 2019.
EXASOL for AWS is available via the AWS Marketplace
Two different versions are available:
- Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG): The usage is billed via the marketplace on a hourly basis. This offerings contains community support.
- Bring-Your-Own-License (BYOL): A separate contract and a corresponding license file are required to operate this product.
Solutions and further technical information on this page are valid for both PAYG and BYOL version.
Minimum system requirements for EXASOL on AWS
- Intel/AMD x86-64 (aka x64) CPUs with SSSE3 instruction set
- 15+ GB recommended
- Web-Browser: Firefox Version 10+
Recommended EC2 Instance Types
- r3.large - r3.8xlarge
- m4.xlarge - m4.10xlarge
- c4.2xlarge - c4.8xlarge
Recommended EBS Storage Volumes
We recommend using at least General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes.
EXASOL AMI: Determine AMI ID and activate AMI for manual launch
The AMI-ID can be foud in the AWS Marketplace offering:
- Access https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4 (Pay-As-You-Go, community support only) or https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8 (Bring-Your-Own-License)
- Select "Continue"
- Select "Manual Launch"
- Select "Accept Software Terms" ( Otherwise you will not be able to succesfully launch the AMI)
- The AMI-ID can be found on the "Manual Launch" tab
How to get started?
Single Node Installation
An EXASOL cluster can be conveniently installed using our command line installer script (setup-cloud.sh) or our Cloud-Formation generator script (aws-cf).
Please use setup-cloud.sh if you want to use an existing VPC as aws-cf always creates a new VPC.
Otherwise we recommend using aws-cf for convenience reasons.
Script based installation:
- AWS command line installer ( - SOL-408Getting issue details... STATUS )
- Installation Guide for 2+1 cluster ( - SOL-403Getting issue details... STATUS )
Cloud-Formation based installation:
- Use the aws-cf tool to generate a cloud-formation template. ( - SOL-405Getting issue details... STATUS )
Support & Troubleshooting
This offer includes assistance from the EXASOL Community (Community Support) and access to the EXASOL Solution Center.
Further Documentation & Tools
For clients, drivers and the standard EXASOL manual, please visit the EXASOL User Portal
Please note that AWS specific information can be only found in this section and is not contained in the standard user manual.
|Key||content type||Summary||Affected Version/s|