Two different versions are available via the AWS marketplace:
is available through the AWS Marketplace in two variants, depending on how you want to license it.
- Exasol Analytic Database (Single Node and Cluster, Enterprise Support): You simply pay for what you useCharged . You are billed through the AWS Marketplace on an hourly basis
- Billed through the cloud Marketplace
- This offerings contains community support
This is the default setting used in the deployment templates.
(Url to marketplace offering https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4)
- Select this option if you .
- Exasol Analytic Database (Single Node and Cluster, BYOL): You already have a valid Exasol license for the selected configuration or if you plan to purchase a an Exasol license .
- The license file is required to operate this product
((Url to marketplace offering: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8)
We recommend reading the getting started guides before launching a database system.
If you are not sure which version to choose, the PAYG version is most probably the version you should use
Single node installation
If you just want to quickly start with a single-node database via AWS Marketplace or AWS Console please refer to refer to this guide
An Exasol cluster can be conveniently installed using our CloudFormation template:
|title||Cluster Quick Launch|
If you would like to start a preconfigured cluster as quickly as possible just press one of the buttons below to iniate a CloudFormation based deployment of a 5-node cluster (good for approx. 2 TB of raw data).
Just press "Next" to proceed to the configuration options, then define passwords for the administrative users, press 2 times next, acknowlege the checkbox at the bottom of the screen and start the setup via the create button.
(uses an existing VPC) (generates a new VPC)
Please note that the deployment may take approximately 15 minutes.
For more details on the parameters and how to change the configuration please refer to SOL-605 (please see above).
Support & Troubleshooting
This offer includes assistance from the Exasol Community (Community Support) and access to the Exasol Solution Center.
For troubleshooting & and information on how to register for community support please refer to
and to the solution documents listed below.
Recommendations for using Exasol on AWS
- Recommended instance families: m4, m5, r4, r5, c5
- Recommended storage: gp2 EBS storage
- Backup storage: S3
- Minimum size of main memory: 16 GB
- Instance-integrated hard drives (ephemeral storage) and EBS volumes are supported for data storage.
- In a production environment, we recommend using high-available EBS drives, as these provide maximum reliability and durability.
- For EBS type we recommend using at least General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes.For high IO requirements we recommend Provisioned IOPS SSD (io1).
- For data backup & restore (
as well as data import & export (
) Exasol supports cost-efficient S3 storage.
Exasol AMI: Determine AMI ID and activate AMI for manual launch
The AMI-ID can be found in the AWS Marketplace offering:
- Access https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01FXIPXV4 (Pay-As-You-Go, community support only) or https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01IVOPPN8 (Bring-Your-Own-License)
- Select "Continue"
- Select "Manual Launch"
- Select "Accept Software Terms" ( Otherwise you will not be able to succesfully launch the AMI)
- The AMI-ID can be found on the "Manual Launch" tab
Further Documentation & Tools
For clients, drivers and the standard Exasol manual, please visit the Exasol User Portal
Please note that AWS specific information can be only found in this section and is not contained in the standard user manual.
|jqlQuery||project = SOL AND ("Category 1" in ("EXASOL on AWS") OR "Category 2" in ("EXASOL on AWS")) and status=Published ORDER BY resolved DESC |