Exasol is available now on the open and flexible cloud platform Microsoft Azure. Access the database via the Azure Marketplace and get started in just minutes via Azure Virtual Machines.
We recommend setting up Exasol as cluster. This offers the following advantages:
- Scalability: easily scale out a cluster by adding additional nodes to process more data and to serve more concurrent users
- High availability: When a nodes failes the system automatically tries to repair this node or includes a standby node into the system (if a standby node was configured).
However, for small data sizes or evaluation purposes a single-node system might be be sufficient and appropriate.
Exasol for Microsoft Azure is available via the Azure Marketplace
Two different versions are available:
- Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG): The usage is billed via the marketplace on a hourly basis. This offerings contains community support (https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/exasol.exasolution-analytic-database?tab=Overview)
- Bring-Your-Own-License (BYOL): A separate contract and a corresponding license file are required to operate this product (https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/exasol.exasol-analytics-database-byol?tab=Overview)
Solutions and further technical information on this page are valid for both, the PAYG and the BYOL version.
Minimum system requirements for Exasol on AWS
- Intel/AMD x86-64 (aka x64) CPUs with SSSE3 instruction set
- 15+ GB recommended
- Web-Browser: Firefox Version 10+
Single node installation
NEW: An Exasol cluster can be conveniently installed using our ARM template:
For more information on the available instances on Azure please refer to http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/virtual-machines/ and to the following article - SOL-265Getting issue details... STATUS .
|Key||content type||Summary||Affected Version/s|