Microsoft SSAS Acceleration
The high-performance engine for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Deciding between ROLAP mode and MOLAP mode when using OLAP with Microsoft‘s SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) has always forced a choice between high performance and data validity. With Exasol and the OLAP Connector for SSAS you can accelerate your OLAP-based BI solution without sacrificing data validity. In other words, your data is always up-to-date.
Supercharge your MS SSAS
- In standard MOLAP mode, you pre-compute your multidimensional data cubes first, which allows you to query the pre-aggregated data with high performance. Following this approach has its challenges. You operate on pre-aggregated outdated information as your queries are not being executed on the live data. Furthermore, a lengthy pre-computation is needed. This means that you have to sacrifice the validity of data in favor of performance. Perhaps you operate SASS in ROLAP mode, the other choice you have. ROLAP mode on a standard relational database helps to overcome these disadvantages as you access the relational data directly. However, this forces you to sacrifice fast query performance levels as you are no longer using pre-computation, like you do in MOLAP mode. Neither option gives you what you need; maximum performance with the most current, valid data.
- The high-performance engine for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
The Exasol Solution
- Implement Exasol as an add-on accelerator and use the power of integrated solutions together.
- Easily integrate Exasol into your existing heterogeneous database landscapes,
- With Exasol and the OLAP Connector for SSAS you can accelerate your OLAP-based BI solution without sacrificing data validity. In other words, your data is always up-to-date.
- Combine SSAS in ROLAP Mode and our high performance in-memory technology for incredible performance without prior data aggregation.
- Protect your investment instead of discarding your old solution and creating sunk costs.
- Secure your investments instead of completely replacing your existing solution.
Choosing to switch to one standard BI strategy with state-of-the-art technology was an essential step for arvato SCM. Innovative concepts such as agile data vault modeling and controlling metadata enable novel opportunities. The database allows us to efficiently manage the heterogeneous aspects of our diverse business units.Dr. Jan Bolz, Director IT, Business Intelligence – Arvato SCM Solutions