Helping MEDION become a data-driven organization
Medion prides itself on offering customers attractive design and high-end technology at a fair price. Situated in the heart of the Ruhr region of Germany, the organization which has been part of the Lenovo group since 2011, produces notebooks, PCs, monitors, smartphones and tablets. And in recent years, they have continued to add more digital products and services to its product line. This makes data and data warehousing crucial for their core business.
We’re well on our journey to becoming fully data-driven and now we feel confident that we have the right database to help us every step of the way. The sky’s the limit, really.Dr. Matthias Meyer-Pundsack / Director IT at MEDION
- Operational performance report
- Microsoft MSSQL
- Oracle DB
- BI Tool
- SAP Business Objects
- ETL Tool
- SAP BODS/SAP DS
- The use of different IT systems and data sources made it increasingly difficult to extract data for analysis.
- Relying on Excel spreedsheets and on-board solutions meant it was hard to quickly gain meaningful insights from any BI analysis they did.
- The enormous amount of data slowed down the analysis and prevented dynamic and timely decision making.
- MEDION started using Exasol’s analytical in-memory database .
- It was hassle-free to set up, flexible, superfast and unbeatable in terms of value for money.
- They were supported by Areto Consulting who fully integrated the database within six months.
- The in-memory database has made it easy for MEDION to get quick access to their data and turn it into powerful data analytics, when they needed it most.
- This means company-wide reports and analyses are created quickly and serve as a basis for well-founded decisions
- They can respond to queries when they need to be answered, without any delays.
- They have also greately reduced the IT administration effort needed to manage the data.
MEDION now have a flexible, scalable analytical solution which will enable them to continue being a data-driven organisation, no matter how technology or their data strategy develops over time.
Exasol – the future of data analytics