Edison street GmbH
Intelligent store energy management and production automation: How edison street GmbH profits from Exasol’s IoT capabilities
Imagine a world where your keys let you know where they are when you’ve lost them, your refrigerator automatically orders food when it’s empty, and your car books an appointment with your local garage when it recognizes that something needs attention.
What may have previously been regarded as science fiction is becoming part of everyday reality with the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Internet is a great resource for humans to store and access information, but it is also becoming a useful platform for machines. All kinds of devices, switches and sensors connect to the Internet; independent devices allow organizations to gather vast amounts of granular data and fine-tune their business processes.
Exasol provides a high level of stability, flexibility and is future-proof. As a result, we are perfectly equipped to respond to the fast-moving challenges in automatization and big data analytics.Fabian Ulsenheimer and Patrick Stupka, Project Managers at edison street GmbH
- Energy management
- BI Tool
- ETL Tool
- Needed to process vast amounts of data on metrics such as heating, cooling, oil and water consumption
- Existing MySQL database no longer provided adequate performance
- No capacity for further data growth
- Ability to process big data, but also integrate with robotics and be compatible with machine learning techniques
- A solution that was easy to use, simple to configure and fast to deploy
- Guarantees fast performance when loading and analyzing data
- Considerably lower operating costs when compared to competitive solutions
- Considerable improvement in after sales support, e.g. semi-automated system design, material delivery, and manufacturing and as well as life-cycle component monitoring
- Fast time-to-market
- Solution offers flexibility and scalability for new use cases in the future